NCPRSA Announces 2013 Board of Directors
The North Carolina Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (www.ncprsa.org) announces today its 2013 board of directors. The organization provides professional development, sets standards of excellence, and upholds principles of ethics for its members and the public relations profession in North Carolina.
2013 board members include:
- Meredith Blalock, Harnett Health, President
- Anna-Marshall Wilson, Capstrat, President Elect & Seminar Chair
- Glenn Gillen, APR, S&A Cherokee, Vice President & Membership Chair
- Tony Arnold, Engage Media Communications, Secretary
- Karen Brown-Tyson, APR, GlaxoSmithKline, Treasurer
- Eva R. Hornak, S.T. Wooten Corporation, Immediate Past President
- Frances Rodenbough, Fleishman-Hillard, Awards Chair
- Christine McTaggart, Consultant, Programs Chair
- Ayana Hernandez, North Carolina Central University, Diversity Chair
- Tracy Lathan, APR, Clairemont Communications, Accreditation Chair
- Cindy Stranad, APR, Articulon, Publicity Chair & Assembly Delegate
- Dana Hughens, Clairemont Communications, Assembly Delegate
- Jenni Turner, Consultant, PRSSA Chair
- Jamie Williams, Capstrat, Website/Database/Job Bank Chair
- Michael Herman, APR, Fellow PRSA, Communication Sciences International, Ethics Chair
Serving as chapter advisor is John Mead, CAE, APR, Fellow PRSA, with Mead Management Support.
“We are thrilled to have such a diverse group of talented communications professionals serving on the board this year,” says Meredith Blalock, NCPRSA president. “Their collaborative experiences will certainly be a driving factor in advancing membership value throughout the Triangle and eastern N.C.”
NCPRSA advocates for greater understanding and adoption of public relations services and acts as one of the industry's leading voices on important business and professional issues.
The organization offers an awards program, hosts monthly professional development events, and hosts an annual PR and marketing seminar each fall. For more information, visit www.ncprsa.org.
Since 1967, the North Carolina Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America has been unified through the strength of a collective vision and powered by the commitment of public relations professionals. The organization provides professional development and career assistance, networking and accreditation opportunities, and industry resources to members. Visit www.ncprsa.org.
About the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
PRSA is the largest professional organization serving the U.S. public relations community. With a mission to “advance the profession and the professional,” PRSA provides news and information, thought leadership, continuing education and networking opportunities; sets standards of professional excellence and ethical conduct; and advocates for the business value of public relations and greater diversity among public relations professionals. Based in New York, PRSA comprises 112 local Chapters; 14 Professional Interest Sections that focus on specific industries and practice areas; and the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), which is active at more than 320 colleges and universities.