Commercial Real Estate Fundraiser Nets $14,000 for Haven House and Urban Ministries
The 7th Annual Joint Commercial Real Estate Networking Event was held on September 12, 2012 with more than 375 guests in attendance. The fundraising event raised $14,000 to benefit Haven House and Urban Ministries. The money was split evenly, gifting each cause with a check for $7,000.
“The commercial real estate community in our area is deeply committed to supporting Triangle charities,” says Kerry Saunders, Triangle Commercial Association of REALTORS® president and networking committee chair. “We are so thankful to the sponsors, hosts and attendees who made this year’s event so successful.”
The annual event has grown from the desire of commercial real estate organizations to join together to host a networking fundraiser to support the programs and services of area nonprofits. To date, $74,000 has been donated to local charities, including The Boys and Girls Club of Wake County, Hilltop Homes, Wake County Women’s Shelter, Pretty in Pink, Interact and the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle.
Dilweg Commercial (www.dilweg.com) served as gold sponsor and hosted the event at the Capital Center in Raleigh, N.C., joining more than 45 organizations supporting the event. Nine commercial organizations participated in the event, including:
- African American Real Estate Professionals of North Carolina (AAREPNC)
- Building Owners and Managers/Raleigh-Durham (BOMA)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member/North Carolina Chapter (CCIM)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Institute of Real Estate Management/Greater Raleigh-Durham (IREM)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties/Research Triangle (NAIOP)
- Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR)
- Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women (TCREW)
- Triangle Area Office Building Association (TRAOBA)
About Triangle Commercial Association of REALTORS®:
The Triangle Commercial Association of REALTORS® (TCAR) is one of 1,800 local associations of REALTORS® nationwide that comprise the National Association of REALTORS®. TCAR is the second largest commercial overlay board in North Carolina with 600 members and is accredited through the REALTORS® Commercial Alliance. The association was established in 1995, but began as a committee of the residential board in 1977. TCAR currently serves a 14 county area, including the Triangle, for real estate practitioners, appraisers, property managers, and other professionals allied with the real estate industry. For more information, visit www.tcar.com.