Revamped Carolina Classics at the Capital Car Show Increases Display Footprint
Affordable Display Spaces and Admission Prices
RALEIGH, N.C. – Last year, an estimated 40,000 people came to Downtown Raleigh to see hundreds of classic and show cars and trucks at the 2011 Carolina Classics at the Capital auto show. For this year’s show – Aug. 17 through Aug. 19 – the organizers have added new features and kept affordable admission prices for the public to see all cars on display indoors and outdoors.
New for this year’s Classics at the Capital are the following features:
- One contiguous show footprint covering 10 acres of classic cars and parts vendors. The new display area encompasses several cordoned-off blocks in Downtown Raleigh.
- Same price for vendors for indoor and outdoor spaces. First come, first served.
- Reduced indoor auto display pricing of just $85 for three days in the bright, air-conditioned and secure 150,000-square-feet exhibit space in the Raleigh Convention Center.
- $10 public admission to see all cars, outdoors and indoors. Just $5 for children under 12, and free for children under six.
Popular features continuing from previous years include:
- Great downtown location and atmosphere near restaurants, hotels, museums, music venues and more.
- Live oldies music and radio station broadcasts.
- Free Cruise-In on Friday night.
- Ample public parking in nearby garage lots.
- Discounts for car clubs and early entry by Aug. 1.
- Awards judged by Southern Classic Cars NC Inc. Categories include Best of Show for various makes, Chick’s Choice, Best Paint, Best Upholstery, Best Engine Compartment, Longest Distance Traveled, Sweet 16 and the prestigious Sir Walter Cup.
The Car Showcase and Vendor Exhibits will run from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 17; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 19. Live entertainment will be featured 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday. Additional activities are as follows:
Friday, Aug. 17
SneakPeakadmission for just $5.
Free Cruise-In on Fayetteville Street, 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 18
Judging, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 19
Awards Ceremony, 1 p.m.
“We’ve drawn huge crowds the past two years, but many of the attendees didn’t see the amazing cars and vendors inside the Raleigh Convention Center,” said Greg Cox, one of the event’s organizers. “This year, they can see everything – indoors and outdoors – for just $10 a person. It’s an inexpensive way for car enthusiasts and families to spend the day in Raleigh.”
Classics at the Capital is proud to have as its charity partner the Foundation of Hope for Research and Treatment of Mental Illness.
For more information about Carolina Classics at the Capital, or to register as a vendor or auto exhibitor, visit www.classicsatthecapital.com or call (919) 896-7448. Additional information can be found on the Classic’s Facebook page or by following @capitalclassics on Twitter.